Monday, July 14, 2008

Seaside, Oregan

This is how the trip began!!! I was trying to be so organized (which doesn't always happen) and packed the day before we left. The kids woke up and decided to unpack all of their clothes!! It was a good thing that this didn't happen the day we were to leave. We did surprisingly well considering we had 4 kids, 4 pieces of luggage, 1 double stroller and 4 car seats. We didn't loose any kids, but we did loose 2 different shoes. The flight was a success! Grandpa Noble and Brooke walking along the beach.
Ashlyn loved the water. She spent the most time in the water out of all the kids. She would get splashed by a wave and start to giggle. Megan loved to be in the water as long as she was in someone's arms.
Grandpa brought a kite for the kids to fly. Megan loved flying the kite with her Uncle Daniel.

Megan loved to play in the sand. She would walk around the beach until she found the perfect spot and sit down and play for hours.

Brooke and Uncle Daniel eating s'mores.
James and Ashlyn roasting Marshmallows. James is a self-proclaimed master marshmallow roaster. (Actually his marshmallows are pretty good)
Megan carried this bucket around as she walked in circles, laughing. She had so much fun.
Ashlyn and Brooke playing on beach right before the sunset.
We rented paddle boats and paddled down a river. Just imagine: 14 kids and 6 adults in 4 boats. We were definitely out numbered.
Aunt Michelle enjoyed touching the critters in the aquarium. It was a fun aquarium for the kids. They were able to feed seals and touch starfish and anemones.
Braden thought that it was so cool to watch the starfish flip over while on it's back. It kept him occupied for quite some time.
It was a fun, successful trip to the beach. Stephanie and Michelle did a great job planning and organizing our week. Thanks gals!


5 comments:

Adrienne said...

How fun - we obviously have the same taste in swimming suits for our girls. Kiersten has the same striped suit from Gymboree has Megan does. I know its hard traveling with kids - but the memories are always there.

Magic Marker said...

Looks like a fun trip! I'm glad it worked out for ya:)

Danielle Thompson said...

You only lost 2 shoes--Bravo!! And 4 carseats-I know exactly how fun that is. It takes longer to put the seats in the car and get the kids buckled than it does to actually go on the vacation. I love your pictures of the beach--those are always my favorite.

JoElle said...

I've told Randy that we are NOT on vacation when we are in Utah, but we are making a lot of memories. It's a whole new ball game with kids. Seems like you handle it well.

lovell said...

How fun is that. I love visiting Washington and Oregon. It is very pretty. I must say though the rain does get a little old. It looks like you guys had lots of fun. It was good to see you las night.