Monday, January 26, 2009
There Has To Be A Better Way....
Hold on to your hats, there is a lot of hot air coming your way. In other words, I am going to vent. This is my first experience with picking up and dropping off kids at school. Are all schools this horrible? I am so shocked that a child, parent anyone else has not been run over during this time. I dropped off Braden at school today and a parent came cruising into the circle. Definitely not going the recommended 5 mph. This same parent I see frequently doing this, what the..... Really is your time worth that much? Then to pick up Braden is just as horrible. Parents are parked in the center of the 4 lane road to pick up their kids! Yes, imagine the students running in the street to be picked up. I don't understand. And then the crossing guard in the front of the school is too busy talking to do her job. I get yelled at everyday from her. I either don't walk exactly between the white lines (mind you I was trying to avoid being ran over by the children running across the road) and then today, because I crossed the walkway without her sign up. Come on!! I know how to cross the road. I would rather my kids learn to cross the road the correct way by watching for cars, not a stupid stop sign. (Mind you the lady is always talking to someone and not watching anyway! I could have been standing there all day before she noticed me.) The kindergarten teachers, which this is nice of them to do, walk the students out and stay with them until the parents come and get them. The problem is that by the time I find a legal spot to pick him up, the teacher has taken him inside to wait in the office. I could see if I was more than 5 minutes late, but I am usually there before the buses are loaded and ready to leave. So I have to go inside to get him. There has be a better way. It doesn't matter if I am 10 minutes early or 5 minutes late, it is still a horrible experience. I don't remember it being such an ordeal at the school that I taught at and the design was the same way. UGH!!!! Okay, I feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hate the whole set up too. Ask my husband how many times I have been talking to him on the phone while picking up kids and I am cussing someone out for being an idiot! That is why I pick my kids up and not let them walk. I want to make sure they make it home in one piece!
Kindergarten pick up is crummy everywhere! We have the same issues...kids running into the road, stupid parents too lazy to get out of their cars and walk them across safely, and my new favorite... pulling into a spot where there isn't room to park and blocking the only lane that is designated for moving forward...makes me crazy! The pickup of my older kids is so much simpler...at least it gets better!
Thanks for giving me hope :)
Post a Comment